What is luxury vinyl flooring exactly?
Within the flooring industry, you may hear the acronyms LVT (Luxury Vinyl Tile) or LVP (Luxury Vinyl Plank) being thrown around. The difference between the two is obvious but what they share is what sets them apart from the vinyl flooring options of old. Luxury vinyl has come a long way and certainly isn’t that peel and stick product you remember in your grandmother’s house. It has a long list of features that have been specifically engineered to meet the demands of modern living.
What are the key benefits and features of luxury vinyl flooring?
Luxury vinyl flooring has made huge strides over the years towards becoming a performance powerhouse. Here are some of the reasons why:
- Luxury vinyl is 100% waterproof, meaning it can be installed in high moisture areas that other flooring types wouldn’t dare.
- It’s very durable and stands up impressively to high foot traffic areas.
- Surprisingly comfortable under foot, luxury vinyl provides a warmth you wouldn’t expect from a hard surface floor.
- Replicates the realistic appearance of wood, stone and cement effortlessly.
- Incredibly easy to clean and maintain.
- There are several different flooring options available on the market today, but many simply cannot replicate the list of performance features that luxury vinyl can.