The possibilities probably seem endless, but we can help you piece together everything there is to know about selecting the right tile & stone for your project.
Shop from the South Okanagan’s largest selection of tile and stone.
Make your home the height of fashion with stunning styles from our Tile & Stone collections.
Designed to mimic the natural textures – from quarried slate, travertine and limestone – these looks create flooring sophistication.
Planet-friendly tile &stone
From soft, vintage looks to cutting-edge colors and styles, many of our new tile and stone looks contain 40% recycled materials.
Understanding Tile and Stone
- Tends to be more cost effective than porcelain
- Is easier for the installer to cut
- Has more color options available
No matter which Shaw product you choose, rest assured that you are choosing a quality product you can enjoy for years to come.
- Is considerably denser and more impervious, which means it is more resistant to fluid passing through
- Has a much lower rate of water absorption, so it’s suitable for interiors and exteriors in all climates
- Is considered frost resistant
- Has a greater breaking strength
- Is fired at extremely high temperatures, becoming 30% harder than natural stone (like granite and marble)
- Costs less than natural stone
It’s important to note that all porcelain is ceramic but not all ceramic is porcelain. Specifically, porcelain is ceramic that has lower water absorption due to a denser body therefore it’s ideally suited for outdoor installations.